jueves, 4 de febrero de 2010

Cuando en Espana...

Hi!

So it has been a while since I have taken it upon myself to write in the blog. In short: you haven't missed much. After my general settling-in and adaption of a reliable schedule, things kind of mellowed down as far as adventures and the sort. To be honest, however, classes and a cold have taken up a good chunk of my time. Of course, I realize that's not a very interesting excuse. :D

Well to begin, I'd like to jot down (in bullet time) a list of events that I have had the privilege to experience since my last post:

- Went to a Middle Eastern themed Hookah Bar, watched a belly dancing show. Also went to an African Drum dance club, the type of joint where everyone is going primitive with dreads and sweat and people are just banging animal skins and screaming. Then there is me in the corner with a tie and ironed pants and a Sprite.

- Visited a modern museum, saw some original Picasso.

- Went to and toured the Spanish Senate, sat in a Senators chair in the classic semi-circle auditorium. Met the President of the Senate (their version of Harry Reid), he shook my hand.

- Took a tour of the Royal Palace (today), incredibly amazing. I had always imagined that level of wealth and excess to be reserved for fiction. But there it was. Next week I will have to go again and actually bring my camera.


- Toured the house of the writer of Don Quixote, visited the oldest university in Europe.

- Attended a Roman Catholic church session in a cathedral.

Again, unfortunately, I did not have the foresight to bring my camera with me to a lot of these events. So tomorrow expect a good chunk of picture uploads when I go back to every place and capture them!

I will be posting again tomorrow night, for we have a very special field trip tomorrow (something I am very excited about). But for now it is a surprise, mostly for the fact that I cannot find the sheet of paper that has the name of the site. Ciao!

1 comentario: