martes, 19 de enero de 2010

Walkin' on a Sunday

Below are selected pictures that I took this last Sunday during a stroll that my host mother took me on.















This is a pretty common scene in a large part of central Madrid. Apartment buildings from the 20th century sit next to cornered buildings from the 18th and 19th centuries. In the
background is a cathedral.
















Southern and Central Spain both have had a variety of influences from different cultures. This is an example of an Arabic archway, distinctly different from the more common and better-known Roman archways.



















An entrance way to el Parque Retiro (Retiro Park). Spaniards usually congregate in cafes and in parks, it is uncommon to entertain in your house. Parque Retiro is completely amazing, enormous, and old. (third largest park in Madrid, I think?)

I'll submit more pictures later. I guess I can only put up three at a time.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario